Friday 21 February 2014

Little white girls ... and boys


I don't normally re-post other people's thoughts on this blog but I was struck today by the wisdom of this 'little white girl' called Pippa so I decided to draw on her thoughts. I do this mainly because, ever since the topic came up in the study group I led for Edinburgh 2010, I have become increasingly concerned by the growth of short term mission.

When I began my work with the Church Mission Society in 1988 'short term' mission meant two years possibly extended to three. Now the same term, as Pippa observes, seems to designate one week on mission, a week's safari to follow and an opportunity to raise £3,000 from your friends and relatives to get there. I still see the plus points but I also have very big questions ... but today let Pipa speak.  Please read.

No comments:

Post a Comment