Tuesday 7 April 2009

Pope Viewing


As a bookoholic with little prospect of finding a cure I am often sent tempting offers from a number of internet booksellers. Today's range of tempting offers included "What to wear to see the pope". Looking at the book's cover I wondered whether they had checked my gender before mailing me! Apparently, its a novel about a neurotic Belgian Catholic whose neuroses over the details of life threaten to destroy the really important - like her husband and family. I have no intention of reading the book so the rest must remain mystery, but it did give me a good reminder mid-way through Holy Week that there are greater things to think about than catching up with the washing and making sure I have some fuel in the car. Christians are good at neurosis (don't talk to me about keeping the hymn books straight!) but are we just as good at the world transforming? Like a God who died? And? (Oh, if you need the book, its going on Amazon for £1)

No comments:

Post a Comment