Wednesday 1 September 2010

Not dead but sleeping

So many of my friends have been challenging me to start writing this blog again that in mid-August I finally set myself a target date and now that magic date has arrived. This blog somehow fell asleep in February this year but 1 September seems a good enough day for a resurrection.

My blog may have been asleep I was certainly not. A lot, I mean a lot, has happened to me since February - some good, some bad, some ... well "life happens" as they say. I'm going to use the next few blogs to do a little catching up with myself and if you want to read along with me - welcome!

When I was planning today's resurrection back in August I was reflecting again on what a blog actually achieves. Well, I suppose they all do different things. Some advertise, some vent the spleen, some impart valuable information, some amuse, some (can I be frank?) bore. If I'm honest most of the time I will be writing for myself (to get those muddled brain cells laid out somewhere where I can see them and begin to sort them) - but if you want to listen in, that's fine.
My Malaysian friend just gave me a Russian gift - let me share this 'amazing gift' with you.

3 comments:

  1. Good to see you are back online
    Let's just say you have transfigured my hope ....

    ReplyDelete
  2. By the way the Ukrainian sand artist - winner of Ukraine's got talent I believe - is utterly amazing
    It is a wonderful story of hope - amazing that it is just sand - it reduced the audience to tears - seemed to touch the psyche of ordinary people

    Anya orignaly sent the link to me - There are more available on YouTube

    ReplyDelete